In the last three years we have experienced sustained growth in higher volume aluminium milled parts leading to an investment that supports our strategy of working on a single shift whilst investing in automation and lights-out production capacity. This strategy is designed to help us compete with countries with lower labour costs and encourage our customers to re-shore their products to the UK; a trend which is becoming increasingly more common.
Our investment in a new Mazak 5-axis milling machine has doubled our milling capacity, cut lead times, and given us the flexibility to run some jobs 24/7 unmanned.
- Mazak Variaxis i300 AWC – 5 axis milling machine
- Simultaneous 5 axis movement can mill contoured surfaces
- 18000 rpm spindle for high speed cutting
- 40 pallet automation enables 24 x 7 unmanned running
- 205 tool capacity allows rapid changeover between parts
If you would like to find out more about our milling capability, please contact us.